[PJUG Javamail] Java Developer Contract to Hire role
shjon69 at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 19:37:28 UTC 2010
This is with a company that will allow you to work on site, and some off site. Let me know if you know anyone that would be interested!
4 months contract to hire role
Sr. J2EE Software Engineer to be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining complex enterprise applications. Java Struts and/or Java Server Faces (JSF) experience will be the keys to success in this role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to own all design & development aspects of a full implementation, and be able to take the product from concept to production through following high level tasks: analysis of requirements to drive further clarification; propose, define and document sound design/refactoring options & alternatives; develop application code and unit tests; integrate with our other applications as necessary; deliver integrated application components to Testing and Quality Assurance team.
Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion, and be successful in a collaborative environment. Professional certifications and continuing education history must suggest knowledge and familiarity with J2EE design & development techniques, emerging internet paradigms and SDLC methodologies (RUP, XP etc.).
Required Skills & Experience:
· BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other technical field.
· 5+ years experience in software engineering including analysis, design & development of complex applications using J2EE technologies & application servers
· Experience with J2EE application server software, specifically JBoss.
· Experience with Java Struts and/or Java Server Faces (JSF)—both are preferred.
· Experience with very large data stores, specifically Oracle 11g. Expertise should include very high-transaction and high-security Oracle applications, with very complex stored procedures and queries.
· Experience with at least one source control system & J2EE build/packaging tools.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Knowledge of XML/SOAP and Web services
· Familiarity with Content Management Systems Documentum (strongly preferred), Vignette, Interwoven or homegrown.
· Expertise in at least one application server: JBoss preferred
· Knowledge of software application structure (DDL, XML, distributed computing, design patterns, model view controller architecture, exception handling, databases, JDBC, etc)
· End-to-end understanding of development processes, organization, and techniques in order to drive the creation of optimal solutions
· Working knowledge of defect tracking and configurations management systems able to perform and lead root-cause analysis
· Familiarity with Oracle and/or SQL Server Database programming using PL/SQL or T-SQL
shannonj at infogroupnw.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Javamail