[PJUG Javamail] Nike - Part-Time, Senior Application Engineer
Mees, Shannon (ETW)
Shannon.Mees at nike.com
Tue Dec 11 20:21:38 UTC 2007
Hello - I'm a technology recruiter with Nike and I am presently working
to locate top talent for Nike's Retail expansion efforts (Brick &
Mortar/eCommerce) and changing IT infrastructure.
Most urgently I am searching for a part-time, Senior Application
Engineer to take on application development and integration efforts
within our Retail IT organization.
I have provided a generic description below and am hopeful you or
someone you know might be interested.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer!
As our part-time, Senior Application Engineer, you'll work as a member
of the Retail IT team in developing and supporting Nike's expansion of
its global Retail presence. You'll participate in all phases of the
software development life cycle. You'll also apply your technical
knowledge of Microsoft Windows application development to analyze,
recommend, design, build, install, integrate and support a full array of
vendor supplied and internally developed systems. Your design and
development experience will allow you to be a key contributor in all
aspects of Nike's retail business support and development efforts.
You'll work with the Program Management Office to determine the
feasibility, scope, and business requirements of proposed requests.
You'll also work closely with the QA team to ensure a robust production
environment. In addition, you'll accept ownership and accountability
for task estimates and deliverable dates.
The Retail IT team encourages you to express yourself on technical
matters, assist in decision-making, and openly share information. Your
work within Retail IT will improve Nike's capability to deliver world
class products and drive Nike's retail business into the future.
Please note this is a part-time opportunity. The weekly time commitment
for this position is 16 hours.
Requirements for the position include:
* Interest and ability to work 16 hours per week
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
* 5 years' experience in Information Technology or business
* 2 additional years' experience accepted in lieu of a degree
* 3 years' professional experience developing in a Windows
* Hands-on experience integrating vendor packages and database
* Hands-on working knowledge of Oracle technologies to include
SQL*Loader, PL/SLQ, Oracle SPROCs
* Multidimensional database and OLAP experience is preferred
* Experience developing in a Unix and/or AIX environment
* Working-knowledge of software development methodology and tools
for component-based, object-oriented development
* Experience implementing and supporting software packages is
* Working knowledge of XML technologies for data integration is
* Experience with integrations using one or more of the following
technologies is preferred: .NET, Java or other, MS SQL Server 2000 or
above, MS SQL Server DTS, Stored Procedures
* Knowledge of one or more Retail Business Processes is preferred
- Merchandise or Assortment Planning, Allocation, Markdown Management,
or General Merchandising
* Experience working with one or more SAS Retail software packages
- SAS (Marketmax) Merchandise Planning Suite, SAS Revenue Optimization
Suite, or SAS 9 Business Intelligence Platform is a plus
* Knowledge of the SAS programming language and SAS Data Step
process is a plus
* Experience using SAP Retail or Island Pacific Merchandising
* Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written)
skills, including the ability to successfully work as part of a team are
Shannon Mees | Nike, Inc. | Technology Recruiter | * 503.671.6210 | *
shannon.mees at nike.com
Nike, Inc. | One Bowerman Drive | Portland, Oregon 97005 | USA |
<mailto:shannon.mees at nike.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Javamail