[PJUG Javamail] Fw: IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 and TeamCity 1.0 Released
Douglas.Bullard at nike.com
Thu Oct 5 18:13:37 EDT 2006
I've been playing with the TeamCity product for a few months now, I'll never willingly use CruiseControl again.
It's that good. And, that easy. It takes me less than 5 minutes to set up a complete build and test for an existing project in source control.
If your teams are doing both Java and .NET development, you can have a single build environment for both. And, it's not even IDEA specific. The link they referred to below (http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/?java_) is worth checking out.
If anybody has any questions about it, I'd be happy to answer them. Or, if there's any demand, do a PJUG presentation.
From: javamail-bounces at pjug.org [mailto:javamail-bounces at pjug.org] On Behalf Of Jon Batcheller
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:42 AM
To: javamail at pjug.org
Subject: [PJUG Javamail] Fw: IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 and TeamCity 1.0 Released
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "jugs at jetbrains.com" <jugs at jetbrains.com>
To: jonb at pjug.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2006 12:46:00 AM
Subject: IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 and TeamCity 1.0 Released
A lot is going on right now at JetBrains, so I’ve got a couple quick announcements to pass onto you and your JUG members.
1) IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 just released and is now officially available for download.
Check out http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/index.html?java_ for details.
2) We've also released a brand new product, TeamCity, designed to elevate the productivity level of entire teams, just as IntelliJ IDEA does for individual developers.
It works with more than IntelliJ IDEA, and more than just Java for that matter. See below.
3) Finally, just a reminder that you guys are eligible for free licenses of IntelliJ IDEA, until the end of the year. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask.
Here's a BIG note, worth mailing out to your members:
Everyone who bought/won a license of IntelliJ IDEA 5.x since July 12th of 2006 is entitled to a FREE upgrade to IDEA 6.0 and a FREE license of TeamCity. And anyone who upgrades to IDEA 6.0 now, will also be eligible for the free TeamCity license.
Just use your current license key, and it should all work out perfectly.
If it doesn't, let me know asap and I'll find something to reward you with.
Email: jugs at jetbrains.com
Key Features of TeamCity 1.0:
* Continuous Integration and Testing
* Efficient, Effective Build Management
* Timely Automated Team Communication
* Server-side Code Analysis
* Code Coverage Analysis and Reporting
* Web-based interface and project dashboard
* Tight integration with IntelliJ IDEA including extended features like pre-tested delayed commits and remote running of personal builds.
* Java API enabling extensions for additional notifiers, build runners, VCSs, and more.
This list just scratches the surface. For a complete overview, visit http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/?java_
It's worth noting that though TeamCity is tightly integrated with IntelliJ IDEA, it works with other IDEs, and other languages too, so if you know any .NET developers, let them know about TeamCity. We have special introductory savings on TeamCity licenses at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/?java_
What's New in IntelliJ IDEA 6.0:
In case you didn't have a chance to check out the beta version, major features and improvements in this release include:
* Support for EJB 3.0 and Persistence Units, plus assists for migrating code from earlier EJB specifications
* Enhanced Java EE support, including JSP improvements, support for JSF, and Struts framework
* New GWT Studio plug-in simplifies development of Web applications using the Google Web Toolkit (http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/)
* Integration with more application servers, including WebLogic 9 and WebSphere, makes web application deployment and debugging easier
* Enhanced and extended GUI designer with design time support for Swing and third-party layout managers, tools for fast UI localization, and many other productivity features
* New team collaboration tool "IDEtalk" lets developers exchange text messages, exceptions, code pointers, and code changes without leaving the IDE
* Enhanced testing and code analysis tools including code coverage and JUnit 4 integrations, and new code inspections for Java and Java EE
* Tight integration with the new TeamCity environment. The TeamCity features most essential to a developer are accessible in the IDE, plus some neat extended functionally virtually eliminates the chance that an IntelliJ IDEA developer will ever submit build-breaking code changes.
For the complete run-down on new features, visit: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/newfeatures.htm l?java_ <http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/newfeatures.html?java_>
Download IntelliJ IDEA 6.0:
Purchase IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 + TeamCity 1.0 License(s):
Download TeamCity 1.0:
(A 60-day evaluation license allowing multiple users is also available.)
That’s about it for now, if you made it all the way down to the bottom of this email, my most heartfelt congratulations are in order, and I wish you a fantastic week.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Javamail